[G4] 10.2.8 PULLED BY APPLE - Apple eNews

Daniel Brieck djbrieck at mac.com
Fri Sep 26 13:34:14 PDT 2003

What Bothers me is that these "oops" updates that are not ready to go
are released. Is this occurring more frequently than it did in the
past? 10.2.8 and 10.2.6 both had some issues when released initially. I
remember with 10.0.x and 10.1.x there were not  many "breakers" if any
that I can recall. They seemed to release updates every other week back
then all seemingly working right. I find it understandable that this
happens but I also find it inexcusable , because  mac os x  has to  run
on about 20 different kinds of systems. So if tests were done on a
majority of the machines they needed to support they would have most
likely caught the problems.

Generally useless comment Any Suggestions or comments to it.....
What seems like is happening at apple is that they are staying current
with their testing? Meaning they only are testing the latest hardware
(which is good in one way...) not the older equipment that is out there
like Powerbook g3's? Did people have problems with new computers in a
current setting(current setting meaning Wireless Airport or 100-Base
plus networking)? Probably at apple they are staying current and
testing on newer stuff not using 10-Base ethernet but using wireless
,100-Base and  gigabit network connections, etc...

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 02:25  PM, James Asherman wrote:

> On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 02:21  PM, Doug McNutt wrote:
>
>> At 16:34 -0700 9/23/03, Kunga wrote:
>>> DO NOT INSTALL 10.2.8 PULLED BY APPLE
>>
>> At 10:55 -0700 9/25/03, Apple eNews wrote:
>>> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:55:24 -0700 (PDT)
>>> To: Apple eNews <apple_enews at applenews.lists.apple.com>
>>> From: Apple eNews <apple_enews at applenews.lists.apple.com>
>>>                            Apple eNews
>>>                        September 25, 2003
>>>                        Volume 6, Issue 19
>>
>> Note the dates!
>>
>> Does it bother anyone that Apple's eNews (The kind of stuff that is
>> delivered electronically so as to be up to date.) has nothing to say
>> about this important event?
>>

> Yes and it bothers me that there is really no announcement on  their
> support site either.
> Waiting for a shoe to drop,
> Jim

Dan Brieck Jr.