need some help

christine fuzzy44 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 26 15:02:33 PDT 2003

Hi Daniel,
Yup, I tried all the things below and more. Printer works fine on G3. i ruled out the new D-link server by returning it and getting another ...exactly same problem.
However, I can't really figure out how to set the print server settings as the software on the disk is only PC software. The D-link pocket server is just a connector between the parallel port and my ethernet port. I have printed a few times so I know the server is
working. When I first installed it, it worked right out of the box.

As for using older drivers, I tried that in OS 9 same problem, but couldn't find any older ones for X.
**I don't know if this is a clue, but my printer shows up in 9 and X as "PS-4AC9AE-P1" instead of "HP 2100 LaserJet Series" the name of the pdf file, like it used to.
What I can't understand is why is it behaving the same way in 9 and X?
Another question:  where are the print drvers kept in OS X?
**I am having a hard time getting used to where everything is in X. There seem to be a lot of folders named "PPD" and I don' know whick one is the path I should give to Print Center Repair so it can install the print driver.
Thanks again,
Christine