Could use some help.

fdutra1 at attbi.com fdutra1 at attbi.com
Fri Sep 26 17:45:22 PDT 2003

I've had a similar, most likely unrelated problem when printing
through USB to an HP postscript printer (1220C) from my strictly OS
9.2.2 dual G4. If your still pulling your hair out at 2 am tomorrow
morning it might be worth a shot in OS 9.

When I copy my disk over to another internal drive for backup, HP's
print utility (I think) trashes the latest version of the driver
leaving me with a non functioning desktop printer extension which
isn't recognized by any App with the exception of HP's printer
utility. If I forget to rename the driver before backing up, I have
to trash all printer prefs and uninstall all HP software followed by
a reinstall from an archived copy of the latest driver downloaded
from HP's site. The thing that seems similar to your problem is that
the software from the original HP disk won't work on a re-install
even though it worked fine before the initial backup.

Good Luck,

Frank