10.2.8 Pulled by Apple - Apple eNews

Erik Gilchrist erikgil at metagrafix.com
Fri Sep 26 18:45:10 PDT 2003

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 09:00  PM, Power Macintosh G4 List
wrote:

> Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:34:14 -0400
> Subject: Re: [G4] 10.2.8 PULLED BY APPLE - Apple eNews
> From: Daniel Brieck <djbrieck at mac.com>
>
> What Bothers me is that these "oops" updates that are not ready to go
> are released. Is this occurring more frequently than it did in the
> past? 10.2.8 and 10.2.6 both had some issues when released initially.

Daniel, I hear ya loud and clear.  I wrote about my 10.2.5 experience
here:
<<http://www.erikgilchrist.com/blog/000024.php>>

Basically I had to roll back from the 10.2.5 update to 10.2.4 from a
clone I had from another machine then wait for 10.2.6

10.2.8 is working for me (knocks wooden head) on my Dual 867 MDD as
posted here:
<<http://www.erikgilchrist.com/blog/000053.php>>

I hope for the best but my 10.2.6 webserver is not getting upgraded
just yet.  Good thing I clone nightly!

And I gave up on eNews aftera few issues of what I term as just spam.

But I love the OS and I do Linux, MS, and all sorts of other stuff....
I just keep going back to Apple for my own stuff.

Erik Gilchrist   / /    d e s i g n . d e v e l o p . d e l i v e r
:: http://metagrafix.com  :: http://erikgilchrist.com
:: http://kaitlyngilchrist.com  :: http://peoplewhopissmeoff.com
:: http://www.toastedlemons.com - now what to do with it?