[G4] Writing a images to CD for use in windows

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Sat Sep 27 00:44:06 PDT 2003

In a message dated 9/26/03 14:00:00, lightpainter at cox.net writes:

<< HI, I need to burn a CD for a client that uses windows xp.  I have written
one already that his pc rejected "...corrupted or wrong format..."  the
formats are Jpeg and Tiff.   >>

My recent experience with this issue (9-23-03) was resolved with the
following steps:

1. Convert the image files to bitmap (.bmp) format using GraphicConverter or
save a copy of them in that format with the original creation software.
2. Use Roxio Toast Titanium to burn the CD and select the "Mac OS and PC
(hybrid) CD" format for it. This selection is available in the drop-down menu
right above the data window of the Toast interface.
3. Select the burn speed at one step slower than the maximum recommended by
the Toast software.

I was able to make copies of desktop pictures that I had saved as JPEG files
and they read perfectly on my friend's PC. He is now using the images as his
"wallpaper".

For some reason, his PC would not read a JPEG file even when the CD was made
as a hybrid. It took three tries, but the system described above worked to our
satisfaction after I converted the images to the bitmap format.