[G4] CPU upgrade/support

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Mon Sep 29 07:16:43 PDT 2003

On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 06:44  AM, sr ferenczy wrote:

> okay, i see it. but maybe you missed the big disclaimer at the bottom
> of that whole 3rd party section-
>
> "NOTICE: All product information included in this guide is provided by
> the developer without any independent testing or verification by Apple
> Computer, Inc. Apple does not guarantee or warrant this information as
> accurate."
>

> ...i wouldnt think apple would be the one to support a 3rd party
> product, that is the job of the 3rd party.
>
> sandor

I have to say that no I did not see the disclaimer. Also as far as the
operation of the unit itself I did indeed take advantage of OWC's tech
support which was quite nice, as long as you pay for the phone time.
  The problem came up in reference to I don't remember what but as soon
as they asked my config they shut down on me. Not fair.
  Also while we are on the subject I called for some Final Cut support
to ask some specific questions about new features in FCP 4.0.2 that may
or may not be documented.
I was informed that this tech support number listed in the  FCP
paperwork would only tell me how to unninstall or reinstall.
Big help. Over two years I have paid $1700 directly  to Apple for this
software. Somebody could tell me how to name my clips the way I want or
when to use the track pitch options.
Jim