G4 Sawtooth and Memory Cache

Lynn K. Persing lpersing at acsworld.net
Mon Sep 29 19:50:09 PDT 2003

I'm back from a wonderful (but way too short) trip to NH and the
machine booted just fine again (no mysterious message about my memory
cache and contacting an Apple Technician.)  I still don't feel too
confident about it though.

I will try some of your suggestions and run the memory test tonight.
I will also try disabling the built in memory test if the message
comes back.  But since it doesn't recognize my L2 cache when it
happens, I think something will have to be replaced if it becomes an
ongoing situation.

Thanks so much for your help!

Lynn

.......I think I've got big problems.  This morning when trying to reboot my
computer after a crash, my boyfriend discovered this message on boot.
"Apple's built-in memory test has discovered a problem with memory
cache.  Please contact an Apple Service Technician."  It then
proceeds to boot, I get my desktop, but then I get the message that
the finder has unexpectedly quit and I should restart. .........