OS 9.2.1/Yikes G4 question

jj4 at sympatico.ca jj4 at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 1 21:38:50 PST 2004

Actually, if most are like me, they have moved into OSX almost
completely and begun to forget all the intricacies of OS9.  It was an
awesome OS but in my opinion is eclipsed by OSX 10.2.x or 10.3.x in
many ways.  OSX has been out long enough that I have replaced my
periferals and programs with compatable stuff and used my 1999 G4
Sawtooth with OSX.  It is a bit slower than a faster model but quite
good in OSX and I could boot into OS9 whenever I needed - found I don't
'need' very often at all.

Recently I sold my Sawtooth 400 for $500 and bought a new G4 Dual 1.25
MHZ refurbished from Apple. $1300 - $500 is only $800 - dirt cheap when
you consider that these duals were about 3 Grand + before.

These are the reasons the list has moved forward, but please do not
waste your time thinking you cannot ask any questions on OS9.  We as a
group have a few hundred years experience to offer.  As for OS9 Forever
- well that list was created as OSX came out (I think) so it has
naturally collected everyone running pre-G4 hardware as people with G4s
came here or a few other lists.

Another great list is the Cube List.  I get answers there much faster
than here.  Although they can complain a bit more - tighter comunity it
seems.

Ask and sometimes answers with fall from the sky, or something like
that.

jj