[G4] 128MB video card for Quicksilver?

Anand Keathley eekley at efn.org
Fri Apr 2 09:24:06 PST 2004

Mel wrote, "The one and only retail 128MB card for any Mac is the
Radeon 9800 Pro
Mac Edition. It will work with any 2x or 4x AGP Mac, which includes
your Quicksilver.
Mel
-------------------------------

Thanks Mel.  It is nice to know that there is at least something
available.  Do you or anyone else know of other non-retail
posibilities?  For instance, there are some cards, like the 9600 pro
that require a power input for the card not available on the QS mobo.
However, I wonder if that is really needed to run the card or only the
ADC port?  If your intention is only to use the DVI output, might  a
9600 pro or other ADC enabled card, work in a QS as well?  Also, what
about the idea of flashing a 9000 pro 128MB pc card?  I'm just trying
to understand all of the possibilities.

Thank you all very much,
                                              Anand