[G4] Problems Burning DVD in OS 9.2.2 & 10.28

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Sun Apr 4 21:48:31 PDT 2004

On Sunday, Apr 4, 2004, at 22:04 Canada/Eastern, fdutra1 at attbi.com
wrote:

> [...] I 'm pretty sure I have the latest versions of Disc Burner and
> Disk Copy for both OSs. I've tried a 2x Fujifilm DVD-R 4.7 gb
> video/data combo and a 2x TDK DVD-R 4.7 gb video/video (?) and both
> are coasters after many minutes of formating and burning in OS 10.2.8
> (disk target error reported). [...]

Could you provide the exact wording of the error? (Not likely to have
been "disk target error" -- "disk" refers to magnetic media, "disc" to
optical media.)

At any rate, before trying something else, I'd try writing to an 2x
Apple DVD-R.

> [...] Know of a freeware/shareware program that works? [...]

You could try FireStarter FX
<http://www.projectomega.org/
subcat.php?lg=en&php=products_firestarter>, which is donation-ware. But
I doubt it will work if Disk Copy doesn't.