Netscape 7.02 Reinstall

jj4 at sympatico.ca jj4 at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 5 09:12:46 PDT 2004

Over time I just found Netscape less and less usable.  Mine crashed
seldom but when it did it would break OS9.  It went slower progressivly
and I have not found an Export feature for the Address Book in it.  But
these are problems not out of place with any frequently used program in
OS9.

What really drove me away from Netscape was:
* That damnable Activation that never stopped unless I actually signed
up.
Netscapes website was a Cookie laying Hell to navigate for information.
  They layed cookies that last 20 years.
* I had a really hard time finding the Email Us for Netscape on their
website.
It was so big with stuff I did not use and was not fast.
* At least once a year it told me it wanted to Import its Prefs -
unfortunately always the prefs from v4.x instead of the current version.
* They no longer put the Netscape Prefs in the Prefs folder - but
somewhere else I never found.
* I have never been able to install a newer version of Netscape without
losing some or all the information already stored in the current
version.

The biggest reasons start with a *, the others were just a pain.

Consequently, as soon as I could get OSX 10.2 on my computer I used
Mail and Safari.  I still have Netscape on there but I only use it to
see pages Safari cannot.  Really a shame because I liked Netscape allot
- just over time they wanted more and more information and control.
They made it difficult to do anything but continue using Netscape.  You
say they want your money - LOL

You will eventually bolt as I did, so just find how to export all that
info.

You can export Bookmarks to HTML easily.  Anyone know how to export the
rest?

jj