[G4] Problems Burning DVD in OS 9.2.2 & 10.28

fdutra1 at attbi.com fdutra1 at attbi.com
Mon Apr 5 11:14:16 PDT 2004

At 12:48 AM -0400 4/5/04, Alex wrote:
>Could you provide the exact wording of the error? (Not likely to
>have been "disk target error" -- "disk" refers to magnetic media,
>"disc" to optical media.)
>
>At any rate, before trying something else, I'd try writing to an 2x
>Apple DVD-R.
>
>>[...] Know of a freeware/shareware program that works? [...]
You could try FireStarter FX
<http://www.projectomega.org/subcat.php?lg=en&php=products_firestarter>,
which
>is donation-ware. But I doubt it will work if Disk Copy doesn't.

Thanks Alex,

In the process of trying to get the exact wording of the error I
discovered that Disk Copy was selected in the system preferences as
opening every time a dvd disk was inserted. This apparently disabled
both Disk Burner and the finder's ability to burn. I was finally able
to burn one of the TDK discs with the finder. Disc Burner quits with
either disk...  progress not perfection.
--
Frank Dutra running behind his:

G4 Mac 450 Mhz Dual Processor "Gigabit Ethernet"
OEM 30 GB HD with internal 40 GB IBM HD, 256 mb ram
Pioneer 106 (A06) DVD-R/CD-RW, driver patched for OS 9