[G4] Midi & Mac

Shaene shaene at wirefire.com
Tue Apr 6 16:44:11 PDT 2004

Paul,

Slightly off-topic, but should you get MIDI to work, and, BTW, the
instruction Rick gave is the route I took, you should take a look at
GarageBand, especially if you're just starting out with MIDI -- there
are lots of very nice features to help get you get the feel of making
music on your Mac, but you won't feel overwhelmed.  GarageBand may have
some processor and power issues, but it's great to play around with,
especially for someone new to the scene.  With a Quicksilver, you
should be good to go.  Just don't keep your projects in your home
directory if you have FileVault on.  If you want to talk about music on
a Mac, email me.

Good luck,
Shaene