[G4] Appleworks/MS Excel

Jamie Pruden m3gunner at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 16 11:02:21 PDT 2004

Hi Anne,

AW 6 has both features.

To set colors of cells, you must show the toolbox (it's the little red
toolbox at the bottom of the SS window). Select the cells you'd like to
color and choose a color from the color palette.

To reference an external spreadsheet, you can enter a formula like:

=Budget.CWK!A2

The entry before the exclamation point is the name of the document
being referenced and the rest is the cell being referenced. If a
document name includes a space, put the name of the document in
quotation marks:

=SUM("Planning Budget"!A2..A31)

There are VERY few things that I do with a spreadsheet that I cannot do
with AppleWorks. It's not Excel, but it works well for what it does.

smiles,
Jamie