[G4] Video card

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 17 07:46:14 PDT 2004

On Saturday, April 17, 2004, at 02:13 AM, Bryan ---- wrote:

> From all the forums I've read it seems the discontinued Radeon 8500 is
> the video card of choice (I've got a stock rage 128 in a DP533) but
> "flashed" PC versions are selling for $130.00 on ebay. Whereas the
> seemingly comparable Radeon 9000 is currently available from ATI for
> $80.00. What am I missing?

I bought one of the flashed 8500's and it seems to work just fine on my
G4-400 AGP with OSX 10.2.8.  I selected that particular card because 1)
it is compatible with my 2x AGP slot, and 2) it has video out ports
that match my particular combination of CRT's and panel's without
having to invest in an adapter.

HTH
John