ATI Xclaim 3D Plus

zhmmy harper zhmmy at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 17 10:42:30 PDT 2004

Using ATI Xclaim 3D Plus on a Yikes 350/100 gig HD/1 gig RAM.

I have a Catch-22 problem.  I have 10.3 installed on one drive and 9.2.1 on
another.  Panther worked fine on the ATI Rage Pro 128 (OEM).  When I
switched to ATI Xclaim 3D Plus the display when I switch to the Panther
drive is almost illegible, weird negative black and white pixelated as hell.

ATI does not provide X drivers for ATI Xclaim 3D Plus and state that they
are provided by Apple in the OS.  I went to the Apple site and found that
the drivers may be included in the 3.3 upgrade so I downloaded both the 3.2
and 3.3 upgrades.

Wonderful!  I can't upgrade Panther from the other drive and also can't from
the drive with Panther on it since I can't see plainly enough with the
display yucked up.

Does anyone know of a driver or flash I can install from the other drive
with OS 9.2.1 that will permit me to use ATI Xclaim 3D Plus with Panther?

Zhmmy