[G4] ATI Xclaim 3D Plus

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Sat Apr 17 14:57:44 PDT 2004

On Saturday, Apr 17, 2004, at 13:42 Canada/Eastern, zhmmy harper wrote:

> [...] Panther worked fine on the ATI Rage Pro 128 (OEM).  When I
> switched to ATI Xclaim 3D Plus the display when I switch to the
> Panther drive is almost illegible, weird negative black and white
> pixelated as hell. [...] I can't upgrade Panther from the other drive
> and also can't from the drive with Panther on it since I can't see
> plainly enough with the display yucked up.

That is a nice catch-22 indeed. I see only two solutions. First, take
your Panther drive to another Mac and do the upgrade there. Or, two,
ask a friend with the correct version of Panther to e-mail you the ATI
Rage Pro kexts (they should be in /System/Library/Extensions/), which
you could copy to your Panther. I'm not sure how well this will work,
but it's worth a try.