Pioneer DVR 106 drive trouble

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Sat Apr 17 18:38:14 PDT 2004

	I have been having some annoying problems with my Pioneer DVD
burner. From time to time, when I eject a disk from the drive the
door won't open.  When I check ASP, it shows it as an unsupported
drive.  I have to restart the computer to get it to eject. I always
make sure Classic isn't running  when I rip or burn my disks to avoid
driver conflicts.  I also went in to my Classic system folder and
moved all of the CD/DVD extensions in to the Disabled Extensions
folder to avoid a extension conflict.

	The drive works fine the rest of the time.  I have burned
several CD's and a couple of DVD's with it using both iTunes and
Toast 5. I have run the Permissions Repair utility several times, but
that hasn't fixed it either.  What else should I check?

Thanks,

Kevin

G4/400 Gigabit Ethernet
512 MB RAM