[G4] Assembling a USB Drive

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Tue Apr 20 11:46:15 PDT 2004

answer:  maybe

i have had various types of firewire and usb (1 and 2) drive
enclosures, always, the performance has ben lower in the external case,
but also, some harddrives dont play well in external cases. i have a
couple of maxtors and a couple of WD drives that will not show up in
they are mounted in an external USB case, but work fine in a firewire
case, and perfect internally.

YMMV

sandor