[G4] Assembling a USB Drive

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 20 14:53:18 PDT 2004

Once again Thanks Alex for your prompt responses.

The Hitachi site had the info I wanted.  The various power requirements
for the HHD I want runs from 0.5 (idling) to ~ almost 5. watts  for
motor start-up.   And the Keyspan card says it supplies 500mW per port.
I guess I'll have to wait till the FedEx man gets here with the
enclosure to see what I've purchased. That low wattage supply suggests
that I'll have to provide external power to the drive. Drat! I didn't
want another wall wart!

John