learning to carbonize?

Anand Keathley eekley at efn.org
Tue Apr 20 18:51:27 PDT 2004

Oh Great and Mighty OZ!

Oops!

Ok, hi everybody.  I'm thinking with the new Macs unable to boot into
OS 9 there will be a greater desire to translate some older programs.
Can a G5 even use Classic?  Anyway, I believe the process of adding
something (plug-in?) to an OS 9 program so it can be used in OS X is
called "carbonizing."  Where can one learn how to do this?  I'm
thinking specifically about apps "Outlook Express," for OS 9, which is
free, compared to "Entourage" for OS X which is not.  There are many
who simply do not require the latest bells and whistles as long as they
can retain the functions they are use to at a quicker speed.  On the
Apple OS X download page there are many game plug-ins that allow one to
make OS 9 games playable in OS X.  So, how does one learn to do this?

Thank you oh wise and wonderful...

Well, thanks anyway;-)
                                         Anand