[G4] OT, Dead APC backup

Loren Smedberg lorensmedberg at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 20 23:38:35 PDT 2004

Hi all. I was given an old APC backup - 600SmartUp. I wasn't told
whether it worked or not - it doesn't. I'm assuming that the
internal battery is dead. Is the thing junk?
Thanks,
kevin

A while back I was debating whether to toss my old battery back up or not.
(Proxima circa 1991)
Same thing it wasn't working, I decided to open up the case and check it
out. It turned out that there was two very easily removabile batteries
inside , I was able to order replacements from Radio Shack for about  $
40.00 . When the batteries were replaced & charged up it worked like new.
I've been using it on my 2001 Quick Silver
ever since. I also was checking out Fry's Electronics and noticed that they
had replacement ups batteries.