[G4] OT, Dead APC backup

Dennis B. Swaney romad at cncnet.com
Wed Apr 21 06:18:40 PDT 2004

At 12:40 -0400 4/20/04, k s d wrote:
>Hi all. I was given an old APC backup - 600SmartUp. I wasn't told
>whether it worked or not - it doesn't. I'm assuming that the
>internal battery is dead. Is the thing junk?
>Thanks,
>-kevin

Kevin, unplug the UPS and remove the battery. Then take it to your
local battery supply store (look in the yellow pages under
"batteries") and get a new one. Near me (ok, about 20 miles away) are
three battery stores, so I just go to the closest one.
--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"Windows is a command-line OS with a GUI shell while Mac System 10 is
... oh, never mind."