learning to carbonize?

Anand Keathley eekley at efn.org
Wed Apr 21 10:19:30 PDT 2004

> I'm thinking specifically about apps "Outlook Express,"[...]

Fuhgeddaboutit.

First and foremost, OE is proprietary code belonging to a small company
you might have heard about, called Microsoft. Modify it or use the code
in any way, and you'll have ten packs of legal wolves howling for your
blood -- with a cistern of piranhas lining up behind them.

Second, "carbonizing" a major app like OE is a seriously non-trivial
task. If you want to learn Carbon, that's not what you should start
with.

Third, free e-mail clients do exist. Mail.app is part of OS X; and if
that's not good enough for you, try pine.

Thanks for the information and advice.  I use "Mail" myself and like it
just fine.  But others may not. Although Microsoft does own Outlook, it
is a free download to use on your computer.  Are you saying that
legally a person is not allowed to add something to it to make it run
properly?  Maybe, but that is just an example.

Thanks again,
                          Anand