How to Enable Java Scrips in Safari

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Thu Apr 22 00:44:51 PDT 2004

On 04/21/04, Richard Kriss <kriss at qsl.net> wrote:

> I went to the following web page: http://www.amsatnet.com/
> using Safari and could not find the links. Finally had to open the page
> with Internet Explorer to find the links. I was advised that I need to
> enable Java scripts in Safari.
>
> Safari displays the web page but most of the key information is hidden from
> view due the lack of Java support.
>
> How do you enable Safari to display http://www.amsatnet.com/ correct?
>
> BTW, I have all of the Preference/Security boxes checked in Safari

It's because they're using a MicroSloth version of JavaScript to build the
page's frames. If you select View->View Source, you'll see this: "This page
uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them. Please return to our
main page http://amsatnet.com/fright.html."

You'll also note this disclaimer on the original page: This website is best
viewed with IE 5.0 or greater or Netscape 4.7. Netscape 6 or 7 will not
view properly.

So it isn't just Safari.that has problems. Send them a critique at <mailto:
kk5do at amsat.org>.