[G4] Encrypted Hard Disk

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Thu Apr 22 11:39:36 PDT 2004

Precisely the reasoning behind my post Alex, your rather blunt post that
"it's probably not a good idea to use it"
was a bit misleading, when in fact very few people have had reported
trouble with file vault after the updates-though i readily admit there
were quite serious problems with the 1st version. to this date, the
only long lasting "problem" remains speed, and this is simply a fixture
of on-the-fly encryption of data.

Just trying to shed the light of  first hand experience onto the shadow
of anecdotal "evidence"

sandor