learning to carbonize?

Anand Keathley eekley at efn.org
Thu Apr 22 12:14:50 PDT 2004

Thanks for everyones helpful advice.  No, I'm not a programer ...yet.
And, yes I will start at the beginning.  I was just thinking of Outlook
as an example of something that never made it to OS X.  I see your
points and will not pursue that.

On Apple's site it states that most OS 9 apps can run in the Classic
environment.  Is there a list of those that are known not to and/or an
explanation of parameters that make an app unlikely to be able to run
in Classic?

I know this sounds like getting ahead of myself. I'm looking for
something to aim at.  I will start from the beginning.  I took a class
on Fortran some years back so I'm familiar with how long it will take
to learn a new machine language.  This seems like too good an
opportunity to miss while it is here.

Thanks to all,
                        Anand