[G4] No sound

zhmmy harper zhmmy at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 11:49:00 PDT 2004

G4 Yikes/100 gig HD/1 gig RAM
......no startup chime...... very loud  static continues until the startup
bar starts, then  quits.  Nothing else affected other than no sound from
music CDs or  onboard mp3.....no alert sounds.....no line out sound.

questions:
1) If I use a PCI sound card will I have sound out from the card, or do I
have to replace the Logic board?
2) Could this be something other than the logic board, such as something
between the logic board and the sound out mini-plug?
3) Where is the cheapest place to buy a logic board for this machine?