[G4] remote desktop on a MAC?

Joseph B. Gurman gurman at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 29 04:31:30 PDT 2004

     Steve Phillips wrote:

>HELP? Trying to find a more direct alternative, than accessing through
>VPC and XP Pro...
>
>Upgrading to digital workstation (G5 dual 2's, 2X250G, Final Cut Pro,
>etc) at local cable commission studio, and need to find method of
>remotely accessing the character generator and event coordinator programs.
>
>Have established a five-user network via XP Pro under VPC 6.1, but  -
>as the sole native MAC guy (G4/933, Panther 10.3.3) in a PC world - I'd
>prefer a direct MAC route to access the XP Pro desktop at the studio,
>launch, and create on that desktop from my remote location.
>
>Does anyone know if such miraculous programs exist for MAC'S????
>
>Thank you for your time and consideration.

     Have you looked at Timbuktu Pro "Multi-Platform" (includes both
Mac and Windows licenses in one box):

	http://www.netopia.com/software/products/tb2/multi/index.html .

     Besides, VPC 6.1 won't even run on G5's. Microsoft has been
promising G5 compatibility in "the next version" for some months now,
but they've never said when it will come out.

     HTH,

						Joe Gurman
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
                                                             - Douglas

Joseph B. Gurman, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Solar Physics
Branch, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA