Tips for Buying a new Hard Drive

Richard Kriss kriss at qsl.net
Thu Apr 29 14:57:25 PDT 2004

I have two Western Digital hard drives in my G4-450 AGP (20 and 40) and use
the 40 as backup drive using Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC).  The old Western
Digital drive is getting full and needs to be replaced.

What are some of the things I should look for  in shopping for a new drive
other than price?

The old 20 GB Western Digital (WDC WD205BA) has been great and I would like
the same drive with more storage.  The problem is there are so many
different drives on the market (even WD models) it is hard to pick one.

Yes, I know bigger is better but I really don't need the extra space.  The
smallest I would consider is a 40 but something like an 80 or 120 sounds
nice and they don't seem to be that much more expensive.

Dick