[G4] iTunes

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Thu Apr 29 17:40:54 PDT 2004

On Thursday, April 29, 2004, at 06:16  PM, James Asherman wrote:

> On Thursday, April 29, 2004, at 05:48  PM, Jerry Bunn wrote:
>
>> I just discovered another little problem.  When listening to a
>> preview in the Music Store, you canNOT fast forward.  You click ahead
>> on the scale and it bounces back to where it was.  I'm not overly
>> thrilled with this new edition, but its early.
>>
>> Jerry
>>

> Not thrilled is an understatement. 4 times out of five after I click
> the dock icon I get a message saying "iTunes quit unexpectedly" before
> it even starts.
> It seems happier when the Sony media converter is on. I think it's
> trying to force me to buy an iPod.!
>  I trashed the new iPod software that they were pushing. Not much
> difference in frequency of operation.
> Jim

I have to say that this unnerved me because since I have had this
machine and iTunes
it has never given me any trouble whatsoever. Not a blip.
So, I trashed the whole app. re-downloaded and re-installed..
Seems better.
The volume thing is definitley an issue. There are a few discussions on
the Apple boards.
Consensus is that they have linearized the volume control to give more
control at low levels. I'm not really buying because the lower quarter
of the volume range is almost nothing and this seems tied to the QT
update too.
Maybe they just don't want us to blow our little round speakers.
Jim