Tips for Buying a new Hard Drive

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Thu Apr 29 18:18:19 PDT 2004

Dick,

If it's for storage, consider a 5400 RPM drive - supposedly lasts
longer.

If it's for running an OS, consider one with an 8 MB cache - faster
response. Western Digital, among others, makes these.

Maxtor's Maxline series (plus II) are reputed to have a long life, with
a 3 year warranty (vs. the normal 1 year).

You might want to give www.storagereview.com and www.barefeats.com a
look.

Whichever you choose, it will conk out on ya, so backup often. Wish I
listened to my own advice last month :-p

Rick