[G4] Processor upgrade advice... Giga, Sonnet, or PL?

Rob Carruthers robcarruthers at mac.com
Thu Aug 12 03:07:06 PDT 2004

Nicolas,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. Sonnet have got some delay in supply
of their 1.3Ghz Duet  CPUs and I got sick of waiting, so I went with
the Giga 1.2GHz Dual instead ($100 cheaper).

I have just installed it with no problems. I am very impressed with
this upgrade. I haven't fully tested it yet but so far Virtual PC is  a
lot quicker in OS 9.2 and Final cut express exporting is much faster.
I'll run some more tests tomorrow.

Cheers

Rob
G4 AGP / 10.3.5 / 1.5GB