[G4] Wireless networking

C. Russell russells at tabletoptelephone.com
Thu Dec 9 08:18:07 PST 2004

I assume wireless.. but would apply either way.. The PC needs to have a
folder setup as a share folder and sharing turned on if you wish to
exchange files between computers.. The Mac also must have sharing with
Windows PC checked. I am using OS 10.2.8 so things may be different if
your are using something different.

System Preference>preference>accounts> Need to edit account and make
sure that the box a bottom is checked for "allow user to log in from
windows"

Must have accounts on both CPU's with ID and Password. ( If you are
administrator of both machine you can use your login when your computer
starts up.)

On the Mac the main menu GO>Connect to Server  ( that brings up a
dialog box that should show all computers on network..Click on the PC
and then click connect..you will be asked to enter a ID & PW. If the
are correct will connect.)

Also in System Preference>Sharing>Services Tab  (You need to check the
box "Windows File Sharing" and click start.

These are some suggestions.. I have to be gone most of the day...can
respond this evening..if you have more questions or problems. You did
not define OS for both CPU's and what kind of network. This web site
was may be helpful it was for me.
http://joelshoemaker.com/computer/mac/w98fs.html

C.Russell