[G4] List newbie

Joel Threatt jthreatt at nc.rr.com
Sun Dec 12 11:35:50 PST 2004

Hi all. I am a relative new comer to the G4. I have 6 or 8 other macs, 68xxx mostly with a few 603 and 604e machines thrown in. But my G4 is a quicksilver 2002 1gig dp, a gig of ram, lots of other stuff. My problem is that it quit working. It went from fine and dandy with the Panther 10.3.6 upgrade to giving me a tone and a lighted screen but no drive spin up. now it has no tone, a lighted screen and no drive spin up. The fan in the PS is working as well as the processor fan and the red led on the board is on but nuttin else. I have done extensive research and troubleshooting in the apple knowledge base but they don't address this problem. Any ideas??

Joel