[G4] Wireless networking

Jim Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 14 20:09:08 PST 2004

You don't have something mixed up on the XP machine like plaintext
password set on one machine, but unset on the other?  If you haven't
modified anything then both should default to encrypted passwords I
believe (I know XP does).  That would be the biggest difference I could
think of as long as your sure about the user name format.

Are you running firewire on the XP?  If so, can you verify that ports
136-138 are open on the XP box?  They need to be for SMB to work.

Also, what version of MacOSX are you using.  Mine has worked well since
10.2 but prior versions were a bit dodgey.