[G4] Processor Upgrade ?

Rob Carruthers robcarruthers at mac.com
Tue Dec 14 21:44:12 PST 2004

I upgraded my Dual 450 Mystic with 1.2GHz Sonnet and was a little
disappointed with the gain in performance. I ended up going to a dual
1.2GHz GigaDesigns. Both these companies are very professional and have
good backup.

Different manufactures have different system requirements so read the
specs carefully, you may need to upgrade your firmware and some AGPs
don't support Duals.

I looked for the CPU that just plugs in and goes. If you can stretch
your budget, go with a dual.

Rob