[G4] on-the-fly character generation for video

Jonathan I. Nori JIN at destinyimage.com
Fri Dec 17 06:53:24 PST 2004

Good morning!

I have a quick question, and it probably has a simple answer, but I wasn't able to find an answer through my own research.

I am going to be doing a live 30-minute television broadcast in northern Europe, from the US. Rather than get a satellite uplink and a professional video crew, I am going to be using my dual-processor G4 to encode and transmit the a/v stream to a retransmitter in Europe.

The only thing I'm not too sure how to handle (the streaming part I can do, the video input and audio input is a snap) is on-the-fly character generation.

I haven't done a/v work on a Mac in a long time...does one of the basic Mac packages do half-decent on-the-fly character generation? Or would I need a higher-end package for that?

I have OS9 on the Mac I'm doing this with now, but I am planning to install OSX.

Any help you smart peoples can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jon  8^)