[G4] Strange Browser Behavior

k s d ksd003 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 20 06:12:52 PST 2004

Hello all. Sorry, I haven't paid very close attention to the list as of
lately, and sorry if this has been brought up.

I started using Firefox about a year ago.. I love it. I started having
problems about 2-3 weeks ago when I'd open a new link and a error pops up
saying that the page could not be found (not a 404 page, but an error from
the bwoser) and the webpage's favicon will appear but that's it. If I click
on the link again it will load. I removed all of the extensions that I had
installed, thinking surely one of them had been causing the probem. It still
happens, even though no custom themes or extensions are installed. I then
started Safari and to my suprise, the same thing happens with it. This tells
me that its a system problem or at the very least, a system preference
corruption problem.
Could this be possible, and how do I fix it?

Clicking on links twice or copying and pasting links is a real pain. Anyone
heard anything of this?
Oh yeah, I'm using a G4 450MP OS 10.3.6

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TIA