[G4] 10.3.6 safari so slow, ditto for Firefox

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Wed Dec 22 18:17:16 PST 2004

At 2:54 PM -0800 12/22/04, Rick wrote:
>second replay
>
>steve
>
>what kind of drives are you using?

Seagate Barracuda 7200,

>...what brand and
>how large are they?

120 G

>...are you using a matching set
>(two) or is everything one a single drive?

Everything on one drive.  The original drive is in there, and I Clone to it every time there is a major system update.  So, it is there mainly as a backup.  I can't even remember what it is.

>match up your drive so they are twins

How does that help?  I mean, I only use one at a time.

>...also use
>drives that are 7200 RPM's ...your mac came with older
>and slower drives ...now is the time to upgrade ig you
>have not done so

Well, also, there are two outboard FW drives.  The yare older and slower.  80 G Maxtors, I think.  Would that slow things down?  I can't see how, but maybe I do not understand.

Thanks,

Steve