[G4] Processor Upgrades.

Hal kastegir at mac.com
Fri Dec 24 11:50:34 PST 2004

Well, if you got it to work, it would run at 550mHz in your system
initially. The 733mHz CPU module is set to run on a 133mHz bus with a
5.5 multiplier. You should be able to change the resistors on the
module to get it to run at 700mhz. You can probably find help on how to
tweak the module at Mike Breeden's xlr8yourmac.com website.

The downside of using a QS733 module is that those didn't have any L3
cache. It'll still be faster than your 350mHz module, but it won't
perform like a CPU with an L3.

If you're interested in tinkering, I have an 867mHz module from my QS
I'd be willing to sell pretty cheap. It has 2mb of L2 cache, so it'll
be a lot faster than the QS733 module.

Good luck.

best,
-Hal