[G4] Mac G4 Lost Password

M mannywifi at verizon.net
Mon Dec 27 10:32:56 PST 2004

Hi Everyone,

I'm not an MAC user, but recently a friend approached me with a MAC he
inherited from a family member whose got it locked down thru password. It's
a G4 Mac w/OS X (?). I was not able to do anything for him initially so I
bought MAC OS X via eBay and attempted to access it No-Way! I thought like
MS it would boot fm the dvd, but it didn't and theres been no progress
there.It almost seems that the firmware password protection software fm the
APPLE site was installed and I just can't get past it even following the
instructions on that same site.

HELP!

Manny