[G4] identifying a Radeon 8500

Jim Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 30 13:29:36 PST 2004

System details?  There is no real difference between the windows 8500
and the Mac version - the firmware does however differ and I believe
the core clock speed is a bit slower on the Mac version.

Note that Apple packaged updated ATI drivers with both 10.3.6 and
10.3.7.  Do you have a disk/partition that you can reload 10.3.0 and
the 10.3.6 updater onto to see if it fixes your problems (ie., 10.3.7
caused the instability).

Also, what firmware are you using?

For what it is worth, I have always had some issues with my Radeon 8500
(using S-video out).  However, I have not experienced any system
related issues.