[G4] PC133 or PC100 RAM?

csean at poc.it csean at poc.it
Sun Feb 1 06:18:53 PST 2004

on 01/02/2004 05:01, Power Macintosh G4 List at G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

>>> I have 2 banks of RAM, supposedly PC133 SDRAM DIMMs, Kingston brand,
>>> that
>>> work fine in my G4 Sawtooth, but show  up as PC100 (one is 322 speed
>>> and one
>>> is 222) in Apple System Profiler.
>
> Check the specs of your machine. I suspect the fastest RAM it can use
> is PC100. PC133-rated RAM should operate as PC100 without problems.

Yes, it seems to work without any problems on my G4/350 AGP, but I wanted to
confirm that it's PC133 for a couple of reasons:
- one, people have recommended using PC133 with big G4 upgrades (I've got a
G4/1Ghz) to reduce potential problems
- two, I've seen discounts on PC133 RAM (from OWC) that, according to OWC,
"doesn't work when installed alongside PC100 memory"

Chris