[G4] Tip on G4 AGP CDRW replacement

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Sun Feb 1 09:54:44 PST 2004

On Sunday, Feb 1, 2004, at 09:04 Canada/Eastern, Richard Kriss wrote:

> [...] I have a G4-450 AGP and
> went thru four CDRW (that all worked) until I found one that would not
> hang
> up on the case door.

Keep in mind that, in most cases, the problem is the tray bezel, which
hits or hangs against the Mac drive cover or slot frame. This bezel is
strictly decorative (sometimes it carries a logo) and easily removed.
Usually it is held in place by two plastic tabs or even only by the
friction in its sliding groove, and all you need to do is push it up
and out.

> [...] make SURE you can get a full refund if it does not fit. Some
> charge a 20% restocking fee.

Excellent advice, and it goes for any other device.