[G4] SCSI, G4 Digital Audio, and OS 10.2.8

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Wed Feb 4 10:18:29 PST 2004

On Wednesday, Feb 4, 2004, at 12:43 Canada/Eastern, Wade Perry wrote:

>> Huh?! Has Apple any new licensing deals we haven't heard of?
>
> I did pay for the OEM DVD, just much, much less the msrp of $129.99
> USD. It
> was resold by someone in need of cash.

I was being a little facetious. OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
is a misnomer for a product sold to another manufacturer who either
repackages it or integrates it into its own product. For instance, you
can buy Windows either through a retailer, or bundled with a new Dell
PC -- the latter is an OEM version, sold by Microsoft to Dell to
integrate into Dell products. There is no OEM version of the Mac OS,
because Apple doesn't sell it to any manufacturer. You just bought a
used or second-hand copy.

> It is designed
> specifically for high speed LVD drives.

Then I should go right ahead.