Power Mac G4 Gigabit 400 MHz audio problems

Shaene shaene at wirefire.com
Wed Feb 4 12:58:07 PST 2004

I've been working with someone who's having a problem with stuttering
audio on his Power Mac G4 Gigabit, which runs at 400 MHz.  All audio
but the startup tone stutters.  This happens in both Mac OS 9 and Mac
OS X.2.3.  It happens when using a 60 gig HD drive and also on a 200
gig HD.  Both HD's were used separately.  Firmware is up-to-date, PMU
has been reset, PRAM's been reset, there are no PCI cards installed,
there's nothing SCSI, and he's done re-installs of the operating
systems.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  The HD controller
hasn't been ruled out, and he doesn't have an Apple Hardware Tester,
but I'm hoping there's something I'm missing.

Shaene
shaene at wirefire.com