[G4] OS X SMP

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Sun Feb 8 09:55:49 PST 2004

true, inter-machine communications is a result of infiniband and some
custom software, but intra-machine communication is still by the OS. if
OS X couldnt get above 60% efficiency with SMP, then the whole cluster
couldnt. They probably have kernel level controls with their software,
but i would think intra-machine, all code would have to go through the
X kernel... maybe not though...?

sandor