Networking a PC

rich northouse rnorthouse at wi.rr.com
Sun Feb 8 12:45:44 PST 2004

Hi Gang,

I have a G4 , silver lightning(?)  733 MHz, running OS 10.3.2 operating
on a small ethernet (cat 5 @ 10 MHz). The network consists of the G4,
an older Mac using OS7 and a laserwriter.

I teach part-time at a local Tech/Voc school and this term I am
teaching a beginning computer course. The school uses PCs with windows
XP so I need to prepare my lectures on a similar beast.  I own a ten
year old Gateway with a pentium II. It has a nic card which is
compatible with my network. I just installed Windows 2000 professional
on the PC.

Can anyone give advice as to what I need to do to get the PC beast on
Mac network? My main concern is to share the printer, but sharing files
might also be beneficial.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks, rich