[G4] wireless hub/router suggestions...?

Amir 'CG' Caspi cepheid at ssl.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 9 12:08:58 PST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Snoke Jay S NPRI wrote:

> what's everyone using for a wireless hub/router? I'd like 802.11g
> compatibility, ease of use, and the ability to shut out others who

I personally use the D-Link DI624 (AirPlus ExtremeG).  It's got a nice
web-based user interface and is very reliable (although I've heard some
people have issues with it).  Just keep your firmware up to date.  PCWorld
ranked it highly but claimed it had only "average" performance, but they
also tested an older model (rev A or B)... the newer models use a faster
chipset and get much better throughput.
	The Netgear WGR614 got very high marks from PCWorld (excellent
performance and user-friendliness), and it's fairly inexpensive... $58
after mail-in rebate from Amazon, or even cheaper at Computers4Sure.  US
Robotics has an 11g router but it got poor reviews for usability and
reliability.  LinkSys is average.

Search on dealmac.com for "802.11g" and/or "Cable/DSL router" and you'll
find some of the better deals.

Good luck...
						--- Amir